Jamun is a easy and has become a must dish for diwali since chance of failure in making good jamun are too low.Diwali is a festival of sharing sweets , i foung it difficult to share my gulab jamun since it taste good with syrup and often syrup get lost before eating so i thought lets try dry jamun so that i can share easily its very similar to gulam jamun try it and enjoy...
Serving for 4( 20 nos)
Jamun mix -- 1 packet(100 gms)
Water -- 40 ml ( can use milk instead but jamun becomes so soft making jamun becomes difficult)
Water -- 300 ml
Sugar -- 500 ml
Powdered sugar -- 4 tsp
Cardamom --2 nos
Rose Essence optional --1 tsp
- Knelt the dough with water in an consistency to make some tough balls.( Be careful when adding water)
- You can make balls in circular or oval shapes by applying ghee in hands . Make sure there are no cracks on surface.
- Prepare syrup by mixing water cardamom essence and sugar on a stove top.Turn of the stove once the sugar is completly dissolved.
- On a meduim hot oil drop the jamun and turn side. Watch it carefuly as it takes only few sec.
- Drop the roasted jamun on the hot syrup and soak for few min then take out the jamun.
- Dust the powdered sugar on jamun and u are ready to go..