Medhu vadai is an authentic south indian receipe and ever time favorite snack,my mom often makes this vada since i insist her to make for every auspicious day.Try this recipe then u will start insisting to make for every festival.
Serving for 2 ( 10 small )
Raw rice / pacharuci -- 2 tsp
Urad dal -- 1cup(ulundhu)Greenchili -- 4nos
Curry leaves -- chopped few
Chopped onion-- 1 cup
- Soak the urad dal for 2 hrs and grind it using the wetgrinder with very little water( just to coat the uraddal) along with green chili and rice.
- The consistancy of the the ground batter should be thick so that it can be easily made into balls.
- Add chopped onion , curry leaves , salt and asafoetida. and allow it to sit for a while.
- Take a transparent sheet say ziplock cover and apply water then place the ball shaped batter and make it flat ,with a hole in the center.
- Heat the oil into medium heat and add the vada fry slowly until the whole vada is cooked. (in a hot oil only outer layer is cooked)
- Serve hot with Chutney.