Aappam theengapal is a typical combination and almost a favorite dish to all. Aappam and kurma also makes a good combo.It is easy to digest and healthy as well . I also take this dishwith hot garlic chili sauce. Try this recipe..
Serving for 4 ( 20 )
Raw rice / pacharuci -- 2 cups
Coconut shredded -- 1 cup
Urad dal -- 1/2 cup
Methi seeds -- 3 tsp
Cooked rice -- 1 hand ful(optional) or soaked aval
Milk -- 50 ml
Cardomom-- 3 nos
Grind into batter
Raw rice / pacharuci
- You can grind all together after soaking all the ingredients for 2 hrs.
- Make the batter rise by resting the batter for a day .( it bring little sourness)
- We can make aappam either in a oval vessel or a flat pan .I used a flat pan since i cook in electric burner .
- Pour the batter make the side thin and center thick ,add little oil and cook covered.
- Dont turn the aapam cook only one side wait until the aapam turns transparent and serve hot
- Grind the 1 cup of shredded coconut in a mixer with water and strain
- Continue this steps for 3 times to completely extract the milk.
- Add little milk and cardom and boil the mixture for 1 min until hot.