Puran Poli is a wonderful sweet that can be made easily. I made a lot of puran for vinayaga chadurthi and stored in the refrigerator that helped me to make appetizer/ sweets for 2 days. I have refrigerated the puran for a month its safe and fresh. So do a puran and do 3 sweets.
Check this out!!!!
Serving for 2
Jaggery 4 cubes
Chana dal 3 tsp
Elachi/ Cardamom 3 nos
Grinded coconut 4 tsp
Salt a pinch
Water 1 cup
Asafotidila. a pinch
Turmeric a pinch
Maida 3/4 cup
Kesari color a pinch
Salt a pinch
- On a hot stove add jaggery and water along with elachi and boil for few mins.
- Pressure cook channa dal with tumeric and asafotidila.
- When jaggery is dissolved and becomes sticky add pressure cooked channadal and coconut.
- Add ghee and wait until its soild and ready to make balls.
- Allow it cool.
- Make a dough with maida ,salt, water, oil and color.
- In a tortilla press the dough and fold the dough with puran inside to make a small balls(make sure puran ball size+ maida dough size)
- Press again to make poli.
- Instantly cook on hot tava with ghee.(Maida shrinks)
If u dont have tortilla press use cut opened zip lock and apply weight with flat pan
Always sure transparent covers as it avoid dough sticking to surface.