Moogdal kosthu is a tasty side dish for dosa, small idly, chapathi.
Serving for 4
Moog dal 3 tsp
Cut Onion 1 cup
Green chili 3 nos
Tomato 2 nos
Turmeric A pinch
Chili powder 1/2tsp
Jeera 1 tsp
Mustard 1 tsp
Curry leaves few
Coriander leaves few
Salt 1 1/2 tsp
Oil 3 tsp
Water 2 cups
- Presure cook the moog dal with turmeric and asafoetida.
- In a hot pan add oil then onion and green chili with curry leaves saute for a while.
- Add chopped tomatoes saute till it becomes juicy, add red chili powder and water.
- Add cooked moog dal and boil for few min.
- Add the seasoning and serve hot.
- If u have kosthu podi add for a wonderful flavor