Murruku is a tempting snack that satisfy your craving for crunchy food. Using green gram gives a unique taste in murruku. Try it and taste it...
Serving for 4( 30 nos)
IngredientsPayatham paruppu flour/ green gram flour --1 cup
Rice flour -- 2 cup
Hing --1/2 tsp
Redchili powder --1 tsp
Seseme seeds -- 1 tsp
Butter --1/2 tsp
Salt --1/2 tsp
Water -- 3/4 cups
- Mix all the ingredients with little water and kneat into a dough slightly thicker than the chapathi dough.
- Grease the side of the press and use the desired pattern to make murruku.
- I usually make raw murukku in a flat spatula and then drop it into the hot oil.(we cannot withstand the level of heat coming out when murruku is dopped and makes it difficult to drop the next one)
- The oil should be hot at first and then reduce the flame to medium heat and allow to cook for a while until oil becomes clear with no bubbles.
- Take it out and drain the oil to store it in a air tight container .