Sambhar is an authentic south indian recipe mostly taken with rice , dosa and idly. It is rich in protein as it has cooked Toordal. Try this for a wonderful taste.
Serving for 4
Tamarind -- lemon size( use pulp not paste)
Toor dal -- 4 tablespoon
Onion -- 1 cup
Vazhakai --1 nos( cut into rectabgular slices)
Green chili -- 3 nos
Turmeric -- A pinch
Sambhar powder -- 2 tsp( red chili powder+Dhania powder+cumin powder)
Jeera -- 1 tsp
Mustard -- 1 tsp
Curry leaves -- few
Corinder leaves -- few
Salt -- 1 1/2 tsp
Oil -- 3 tsp
- On a hot pan add Oil and mustard seeds , when musard seeds begins to spilt add jeera,Onion, chilli and curry leaves.
- Saute untill onion turns golden brown then add veg and saute to take out the raw smell.
- Add sambhar powder and fry, then add Tamrind juiceand allow to boil for few min, when oil starts to appear add pressure cooked Toordal and stir.( cook the toordal with tumeric and asafoetida.)
- When u smell aroma of sambhar add corrinder leaves and asafoetida
- Serve hot with Rice.
- Adding 2 drops of oil with uncooked toor dal helps to cook to perfection.
- We can season at last for a good flavour